Use crystal energy to boost your wellbeing this spring, say experts Heather Askinosie and Timmi Jandro
The ‘monkey mind’ is a Buddhist metaphor that describes the natural, chaotic state of our untrained minds. It’s the constant chatter that goes on all day. The following ritual creates a visual representation of your mind to help you understand the difference between a calm mind and a chaotic one. When you’re learning to meditate, this visual helps you understand how easily the brain becomes distracted.
Time frame: 11 minutes, as often as you need it
What you’ll need:
•1 small mason jar filled with water
•1 spoonful of dirt
1. Observe the clarity of the water in the mason jar. It’s completely clear and free, with nothing to muddy it.
2. Add a small spoonful of dirt to the water. The dirt represents your thoughts, feelings, fears, and worries. Tighten the lid on the jar and shake it vigorously. This represents how our thoughts and feelings are in a constant state of motion.
3. Look at the water. Is it unclear, distorted, cloudy and murky? Take a moment to reflect on how this jar is similar to the endless chatter and movement in your mind.
4. Breathe. Watch the dirt slowly settle to the bottom. Breathe. Watch the dirt settle. Breathe. Watch the dirt settle. This is your focused point of attention. Breathe. Watch the dirt settle.
5. Every time your mind becomes hijacked by another thought, idea, or feeling, shake the mason up jar and start over. Go back to your point of attention, watching the dirt settle while breathing calmly. If another thought, idea, or feeling appears, shake the mason jar again.
6. Continue this exercise for 11 minutes.
7. Repeat steps one through six whenever you feel as if you’re in a state of chaos.
As much as we try to avoid it, negative energy can still find its way into our space from time to time. Even our entrances and windows can act as openings for these energies to filter in from the outside world. This ritual will help you restore balance and harmony to your environment. The ritual has two parts: First, you’ll physically and energetically cleanse your space. This will restore positive vibrations back into your home, place of work, or wherever else you spend time. Then you’ll add crystals for an extra layer of protection. These crystals will keep negative, unwanted energies out as much as possible.
Time frame: Will vary depending on the size of your space. Repeat when needed
What you’ll need:
•1 large bucket filled with water for mixing your cleaning and clearing solution
•1 pair of rubber gloves
•Towels for physical cleaning
•Juice of 5 lemons to purify, cleanse, and energetically ward off the evil eye
•1 container of sea salt (at least 700 grams) for cleansing and purification
•1/2 cup of white distilled vinegar to cleanse and clear the energy
•1 sprig of fresh sage to remove and clear out negative energy
•1 Tibetan bell or singing bowl
•1 sage stick
•1 abalone shell or fireproof container to catch ashes from the sage
1. Add the lemon juice, 1 cup of salt, vinegar, and fresh sage to the bucket of water.
2. Set an intention for this solution to hold the space for cleansing and clearing the energy.
3. Place the bucket outside in the sun while you prepare your space. (If there is no sun that day, don’t worry – your solution will still work!) Note: You may have to make multiple batches of the solution, depending on the size of your space; repeat steps 1 to 3 as necessary.
4. While your solution is outside being infused with protective energy, begin to prepare your space. Start by airing it out. Open all the curtains and windows, and let the natural light and fresh air fill the rooms. Sunlight has a clearing effect, and opening the windows will get the energy moving.
5. Go through your space, and move anything out of corners. This releases clogged, stuck energy that may be lingering in those spaces. Burn the sage and waft it around the entire space, allowing the cleansing smoke to reach every crevice and corner.
6. Walk through your entire space while ringing a bell or singing bowl, allowing its sound vibrations to break up any unwanted energy, making room for good, clean energy to enter.
7. Bring the solution inside, grab your towels, and put on your rubber gloves.
8. Soak a towel in the solution, and wring out any excess liquid. Clean all the doors, doorknobs, and windows. This clears the energy left by anyone who has entered the space, and it protects the area from the chaos of the world outside.
9. After you’ve finished, sage the rooms one more time.
10. Pour sea salt on the outside of your entrances along the thresholds to prevent unwanted energy from entering.
11. Repeat steps 1 to 10 as needed to cleanse and clear more of your space.
A solar stone of courage, strength, will and personal power. It helps you to see the positive in any situation and increases feelings of optimism. It’s also wonderful for bringing new opportunities, prosperity and wealth.
This opens the heart to all types of love: love for yourself, love for your family, romantic love, and love of everything on earth. It helps to raise your self-esteem, restore confidence and balance the emotions.
This stone radiates soothing and calming energies to restore balance to the mind, body and spirit. It helps to dissolve old energy patterns and belief systems to bring in money and prosperity.Extracted from Crystal Muse by Heather Askinosie and Timmi Jandro (£21.99, Hay House).
Save over £11
when you subscribe today
Exclusive prizes from our Heaven Skincare, Senspa, Green People and more...