“Who doesn’t love a muffin? These are a great little snack to eat with a cup of tea. They’ll take 40 minutes to make so why not invite some friends over and enjoy them together?” Joe Wicks, The Body Coach
- 2 medium carrots, grated (130g)
- 2 medium eating apples, peeled and grated (170g)
- 100g ground almonds
- 60g raisins
- 1½ tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g cream cheese
- 2 tsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (fan 160°C, gas mark 4) and line a 12-hole muffin tin with small muffin cases.
- Place all the ingredients apart from one teaspoon of the vanilla extract, the cream cheese and the honey in a large bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture equally among the muffin cases and slide into the oven. Bake the muffins for 25 minutes, by which time they will be cooked through and a little golden on the top. Leave to cool.
- While the muffins are cooling, whip together the remaining vanilla extract, cream cheese and honey, adding a splash of water to slacken if needed.
- When the muffins are totally cool, spread the cream cheese icing on top.
Recipe extracted from Lean in 15: The Shape Plan, published by Bluebird, available from all good bookshops
Photo credit: Maja Smend