In the mood for something sweet without the post-indulgence guilt? Madeleine Shaw has just the dessert...
250g of organic rhubarb
150g of organic apples
100g of organic coconut sugar
1 organic vanilla pod
150g of organic porridge oats
90g of organic coconut oil
50g of organic maple syrup
50g of organic almond flakes
2tsp Doves organic gluten free flour
Preheat the oven to 200 C.
1. Chop the rhubarb and apples into bite size chunks
and place in a saucepan with the coconut sugar and vanilla. Simmer
for 20 minutes.
2. While this is cooking lets make the topping. Melt
the coconut oil and maple syrup together in a small pot until fully
combined then move to the side to cool.
3. Grind the oats and almonds down in a food
processor until they form a crumb like texture.
4. Mix the oat mix and coconut oil mix together in a
5. Grab 8 large ramekins and fill each one up 2/3 of
the way with the rhubarb and apple mixture then fill the rest up with
6. Repeat with the rest of the mixture and place in the oven
for 30 minutes until the crumble is golden on top and bubbling.
Serve with yogurt or coconut cream.
Recipe courtesy of Madeleine Shaw for ‘Organic Unboxed’, part of The Organic Trade Board’s ‘Organic. Naturally Different’ campaign
Save over £11
when you subscribe today
Exclusive prizes from our Heaven Skincare, Senspa, Green People and more...