Add a bit of sunshine to your table with these deliciously healthy dishes
Add a bit of sunshine to your table with these deliciously healthy dishes from Total Greek Yoghurt
Grilled mackerel with potato and yoghurt salad
For the patties
1. Cook the potatoes in salted water until just tender, then drain. Lightly crush potatoes using a fork.
2. Mix in the onion, two per cent Total Greek Yoghurt, lemon juice, parsley and chives. Then shred half the bag of baby spinach leaves and mix into the potatoes.
3. To make the dressing, place the remaining spinach into a food processor, add the garlic and purée. Slowly pour in the olive oil to form the dressing.
4. To cook the mackerel, heat the grill to the highest setting. Place skin side up and season with salt. Cook until golden brown.
5. Once cooked, place each fillet on a plate with a large spoonful of the salad and drizzle on some green dressing.
When making the potato salad, mix the ingredients and dressing in when they’re still warm as they absorb so much more flavour. Made from completely natural ingredients, Total Greek Yoghurt is free from sugars or sweeteners. It contains good, active bacteria meaning that it is live and could be beneficial if you suffer from candida.
Spicy chickpea patties with cucumber and mint dip
For the patties
For the dip
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions, cumin and ground coriander until the onions are soft. Then add in the chickpeas and garlic and fry for a couple more minutes.
2. Add the flour and turn out into a bowl and mash with a potato masher.
3. Add the yoghurt to lighten and bind the mix together. It needs to be mashed until it is fairly smooth. Season to taste.
4. Divide into six patties and pan fry until golden brown on both sides.
5. For the dip, mix the cucumber, mint and yoghurt together, then chill.
Chickpeas are a great all-round health-boosting food. Not only do they contain high levels of fibre, folic acid and magnesium, they also contain molybdenum. This mineral is vital for the body to detoxify sulfites.
Butter chicken curry
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and fry in a large pan with vegetable oil until the chicken is golden brown.
2. Remove chicken from the pan and add the butter to melt. Add onion, cinnamon, crushed garlic, turmeric, ginger, almonds and chilli powder and fry until onions are soft.
3. Add the chicken and any juices to the pan followed by the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and the Total Greek Yoghurt.
4. Bring to the boil and season to taste. Cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
To add some colour and more flavour at the end of cooking, fold in a bag of fresh baby spinach and cook until it wilts. Did you know? It takes two litres of milk to make one 500g pot of Total due to the unique straining process which removes the whey. This means it can be heated without curdling making it extremely versatile and a great low fat alternative to cream.
6 issues for £19.99*
when you subscribe today
Exclusive prizes from our Heaven Skincare, Senspa, Green People and more...