Try these fuss-free vegan meatballs for an easy midweek supper
Ingredients (SERVES 4)
• A few splashes of olive oil
• 2 aubergines, cut into small dice
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• Sea salt
• Freshly ground pepper
• 1 lemon
• A handful of pitted black olives
• 1 red chilli, finely chopped (or a pinch of chilli powder)
• A large handful of fresh basil or 1 tbsp chopped rosemary leaves
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 mug of vegan breadcrumbs
1 Place a large frying pan over medium heat. Sizzle the aubergine, onion and garlic in a bit of oil until soft and starting to colour. Season well.
2 When it’s almost done, add a squeeze of lemon juice and grate over a good bit of zest.
3 Tip it into a food processor with the olives, chilli, balsamic vinegar and breadcrumbs. Whizz it up till everything comes together. Or just chop and mix everything up on a large cutting board.
4 Taste the mix. Add more herbs or spice if needed. If it’s a bit dry, add a splash of olive oil. If it’s too wet, add more breadcrumbs. Shape into balls. Two aubergines will give you about a dozen rounded tablespoon-sized balls.
5 Sizzle the balls in olive oil till golden all over and serve with a mound of sauced spaghetti.
Save over £11
when you subscribe today
Exclusive prizes from our Heaven Skincare, Senspa, Green People and more...