The Beauty Bible guru reveals the self-tans for a natural glow
I don’t know where I’d be without self tanners to answer bare-legged and pale-faced beauty S.O.S.- es. That first sunny day when you want to get your legs out… and they look like they’ve been lurking under a stone for months. Happily, the beauty world now has an arsenal of self-tanning quick-fixes which offer an effect that is natural in two ways: naturally-derived and natural-looking. Whether you want a glow that says ‘justback- from-Barbados’ or ‘just-back-fromyour back garden’ there is something for you.
1) Coola Organic Sunless Tan Anti- Ageing Face Serum, £49 for 50ml. A great Ecocert Cosmos-certified organic face serum infused with argan oil and hyaluronic acid. Simply add a few pumps to your favourite moisturiser or age-defying skincare, for a buildable glow.
2) Madara Fake It Natural Look Self Tan Milk, £27 for 150ml. A wonderfully skinquenching milk (boosted by hyaluronic acid and jojoba oil), for seamless results when smoothed into legs, arms and feet. Do follow the traditional advice to exfoliate rough patches of skin, though.
3) Balance Me Gradual Tanning Drops, £30 for 30ml. Again, a subtle gradual tanner (perfect for peaky mornings, I find), which is utterly non-sticky and delivers a streak-free glow when added to face or body products. I love the controllability of this and wouldn’t be without it.
4) Eco by Sonya Face Tan Water, £28.95 for 100ml. Something a little different here, which you sweep over skin like a toner. It’s perfect for oily and combination skins and offers not only a self-tanning action, but anti-acne and anti-ageing benefits. There’s a lovely natural scent of orange peel and rose geranium, too.
5) This Works Perfect Legs Gradual Tan, £38 for 120ml. Definitely my favourite product for legs, with its skinsoftening serum-style formulation and lightly shimmering effect. It’s brilliant for evening out the skintone to make them instantly bearable.
Jo Fairley is the co-founder of Green & Blacks and author of The Beauty Bible. Head online to see her latest projects at josephinefairley.com
Save over £11
when you subscribe today
Exclusive prizes from our Heaven Skincare, Senspa, Green People and more...