I like to advocate a natural, non-surgical approach to looking good and improving the skin, ensuring that our treatments work in harmony with appropriate nutrition and lifestyle, so my tips are…
Dr Barbara Kubicka
I like to advocate a natural, non-surgical approach to looking good and improving the skin, ensuring that our treatments work in harmony with appropriate nutrition and lifestyle, so my tips are based on an integrated, holistic and more natural approach to aesthetic medicine. It’s not about a quick injection here or there, but a more thorough approach for better results.
1. Exfoliate – Removing the top layer of dead skin cells instantly brightens the complexion. You can use a simple facial scrub or peel off mask at home, but intensive exfoliation at a professional clinic (using a chemical peel or microdermabrasion) will go deeper and also stimulate the skin’s renewal mechanisms, helping to smooth out fine lines.
2. Stop smoking – skin will improve within days as the oxygen supply is increased. Stopping smoking has a wide range of well publicised health benefits and you know it’s good for you. It isn’t easy, but the NHS produces lots of helpful information, advice and support. If you’re struggling, consider hypnotherapy, which has excellent outcomes in helping smokers to quit.
3. Tackle the eye area – for patients struggling with signs of tiredness, improving the dark circles and opening up the eye area is far more beneficial than targeting frown lines on the forehead. The Eyedealise treatment at ClinicBe is an exclusive combination of treatments to revitalise the eyes.
4. Nutrition – Making big dietary changes to a healthy lifestyle is fabulous, but in reality it’s hard to achieve and maintain when you are stressed and tired. Instead, start with a few simple changes that you can manage - switch chocolate fixes for fruit, swap crisps for nuts, have a salad every day instead of a sandwich for lunch. These simple changes are a great way to get started.
5. Dermal roller treatment – a professional Dermaroller micro-needling treatment in the clinic is a fantastic way to stimulate the skin and kick-start collagen production, but where costs and time are prohibitive, home dermal rollers are a good investment, as they can be used more regularly. Ensure that you get one from a reputable supplier that has been designed for DIY use.
6. Get Outdoors – Take time out of your busy schedule to get outside, even if it’s only a walk round the block at lunch. If you can get to an open ‘green’ area, such as a park, it’s a great way to reconnect with nature. You’ll be breathing fresher air, letting your mind recharge and return to work feeling more relaxed. Daily exposure to the sun will also give a healthy glow, but ALWAYS use a high protection sunscreen e.g. Heliocare SPF50+, which can be applied in the morning under makeup.
7. Daily Routine – get your cleansing and moisturising routine nailed and check you are using the best products for your skin. Consider a daily exfoliating skin wash, such as the Neo Strata Skin Active Exfoliating Wash which lightly exfoliates without over-drying, so that skin can absorb moisturiser or serum.
8. Hydration – many patients suffer from dry skin due to lack of hydration – we can literally see it in the skin. At ClinicBe, we offer all patients Kangen alkalised water, which is the purest way to hydrate and offers a range of health benefits. Reducing caffeine and soft drinks in favour of water will give clearer and healthier skin.
9. Facials – a proper facial by a qualified cosmetologist is a perfect fix for improving the skin. Taking out 30 minutes for a treat is invaluable.
10. Sleep – too many adults don’t get enough sleep. Stress and busy social lives often mean not getting to bed early enough, while young children that wake in the night are an additional challenge. Sleep is a complex issue, but try to understand the problems and face them, whether it’s sleep-training a toddler, cutting out use of tablets and smartphones after 9pm or getting a new mattress, sorting out your sleep will give massive benefits to how you look and feel.
6 issues for £19.99*
when you subscribe today
Exclusive prizes from our Heaven Skincare, Senspa, Green People and more...