Natural Health’s wellbeing expert on injecting some fun into your life. We all need to lighten the load sometimes and inject a bit of fun into life.
Natural Health’s wellbeing expert on injecting some fun into your life.
We all need to lighten the load sometimes and inject a bit of fun into life.
In the world of 10,000 things,we often forget to smile, and have a laugh. So this month don’t let those April showers get you down. Make a point of getting out and about doing the things you enjoy. Meet up with old friends and have a chuckle. Watch a feelgood film, or just share a joke every day. Little things make all the difference. And if you really don’t feel like laughing, fake it. Stand in front of the mirror and smile. Look at the expression, and feel it change your face. See how your eyes light up, and how your features soften. Trust me, within seconds you’ll start to feel better, and you’ll be smiling from the inside out!
In folklore there are many tales about the little folk, the fairies that lived in our gardens and our homes. Some of those tales are cautionary, but or the most part, these fey characters would bring joy and lightness to our lives. So why not inject a little fairy fun into your world?
• Leave offerings around the home to welcome in the fairies such as a saucer of milk, a spoonful of honey or cookies and cakes – basically anything sweet!
• Place crystals and shells on window ledges to draw in fairy spirits. Placing flowers and plants around the home will encourage light, joyful energy.
• Grow colourful flowers in your garden. Foxgloves, tulips, honeysuckle and sunflowers are all popular choices. Fairies also like flowers with a strong sweet scent, so lavender is an excellent choice and other herbs like rosemary and thyme work well.
• Place wind chimes around your house and garden. Fairies love sounds connected to nature.
• Take some time out to welcome the little people into your world. Light a scented candle, and make a wish. Thank the fairies for their blessings and embrace the sense of fun they bring. Remember this is about you seeing the lighter side of life, so smile, act as if you’re surrounded by magic, and then you will feel the real magic begin!
People who are sweet carry an air of lightness with them. They sprinkle joy like stardust, and manage to see the positive in every situation. Manifest more of these qualities in your life by trying the following tips.
• Get into flowers. Grow them, wear them, give them at every opportunity. Roses, daffodils, carnations or sweet William are all great choices. Steep the petals in hot water and decant. Use the scented liquid as a spritzer for your clothes and house, or just splash it on pulse points. The essence of these flowers will lift your spirit, and if you get into the habit of incorporating flowers into your daily life, you’ll spread the joy to others.
• Add bergamot essential oil to your bath water. Three or four drops will do the trick. Orange essential oil works well too. Breathe deeply and as you inhale imagine you are surrounded by the colour orange.
• Make your own charm. Find a stone or crystal that you are attracted to. Wash in salt water, and then hold in both hands beneath the light of the sun. Imagine the rays of sunlight beaming down into the stone. Keep in your pocket asa constant reminder of the joy in your life.
This visualisation lightens the spirit. Close your eyes, focus on your breathing and imagine a pinprick of light on the top of your head. See it getting bigger as if a door is opening. Visualise your ethereal form extending out of this hole and floating upwards. See your physical body below and know that you are in control and can go anywhere, returning to your body at any time. Explore and have fun. Fly upwards and out of the house. When you are ready, return to your body, entering through the opening at the top of your head.
Kirsten Riddle is an author, wellbeing expert, and professional storyteller. She writes about the esoteric and self development and runs workshops throughout the UK
Save over £11
when you subscribe today
Exclusive prizes from our Heaven Skincare, Senspa, Green People and more...